The PMW-EX3 follows on from the successful launch of the new PMW-EX1 and offers all the great features of the PMW-EX1 in a new semi-shoulder design. In addition to this new design the camcorder also features an interchangeable lens system, genlock, timecode and remote control capability for real added flexibility, offering a low-cost HD studio solution.
The PMW-EX3 combines a state-of-the-art, non-linear XDCAM workflow with simply the best HD quality yet seen in a semi-shoulder camcorder. It is also the first semi-shoulder camcorder to carry the legendary CineAlta 24P brand with multiple frame rate recording capability such as 59.94i, 50i, and native 23.98P, as well being 1080i/720P switchable.
There is also a choice of a 35Mb/s High Quality mode or a 25Mb/s, HDV 1080i compatible mode. To take advantage of this high performance recording capability, the PMW-EX3 uses the same imaging system as the PMW-EX1, consisting of three ½-inch type CMOS sensors, each with an effective pixel count of 1920×1080. In addition, there’s a purpose-built interchangeable Fujinon Professional HD ½-inch 14x lens and a unique dual focus ring mechanism. Included in the package is a ½-inch lens adaptor to allow use of other ½-inch lenses, plus the ability to use other optional lens adaptors for 2/3rd-inch, cinema-style and digital SLR lenses.
To maximise recording time, the PMW-EX3 has two memory card slots which means with a pair of 16 GB SxS PRO memory cards, it can record up to 140 minutes of HD footage.
A wide variety of accessories are also available, including a USB Reader/Writer, a wide-conversion lens, battery and charger.
The PMW-EX3 HD compact camcorder is the ideal solution for a wide range of customers from broadcasters through to independent videographers and film makers who want exceptional HD picture quality and state-of-the-art workflow from an affordable semi-shoulder camcorder.
- Mass: Approx. 1.9 kg (without lens)
Approx. 3.6 kg (with lens, lens hood, eye piece, BP-U30 battery, one SxS PRO memory card)
- Power Requirements: DC 12 V
- Power Consumption: Approx. 13.5 W (while recording, LCD viewfinder On)
#Approx. 14 W (while recording, EVF On, LCD monitor On, IO Select HD SDI & HD HDMI)”
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to +60°C
- Continuous Operating Time: Approx. 210 min with BP-U60 battery
- Dimensions (W x H x D)*1 :
- Recording Format (Video) : MPEG-2 Long GOP
- HQ mode: VBR, maximum bit rate: 35 Mbps, MPEG-2 MP@HL
- SP mode: CBR, 25 Mbps, MPEG-2 MP@H-14
- Recording Format (Audio): Linear PCM (2 ch, 16-bit, 48-kHz)
- Recording/Playback Time: (MPEG HD):
- Approx. 100 min with SBP-32 (32 GB) memory card
- Approx. 50 min with SBP-16 (16 GB) memory card
- Approx. 25 min with SBP-8 (8 GB) memory card
- Approx. 140 min with SBP-32 (32 GB) memory card
- Approx. 70 min with SBP-16 (16 GB) memory card
- Approx. 35 min with SBP-8 (8 GB) memory card
- Recording Frame Rate: NTSC
- 1920 x 1080/59.94i, 29.97p, 23.98p,
- 1280 x 720/59.94p, 29.97p, 23.98p
SP mode: 1440 x 1080/59.94i, 23.98p (pull down)
- 1920 x 1080/50i, 25p,
- 1280 x 720/50p, 25p
SP mode: 1440 x 1080/50i