The ScreenPRO II Seamless Switcher from Barco is a switching system that combines seamless switching functions with the ability to control a variety of video effects. The system uses four image layers (unscaled background, up to (2) scaled PIPs or keys, and an unscaled downstream key) to produce effects including transitioning backgrounds, transitioning PIPs, wipes, dissolves, and keys, among other effects.
This unit includes (2) inputs that are scaled and mixed to provide mixing within PIP or alternately (2) background channels independent of PIP and key. In addition, (2) unscaled high-resolution input channels provide a seamless transition background, or alternately a high-resolution background and high-resolution downstream key independent of PIP and key.
Picture-in-picture effects on this unit include adjustable PIP size from 1/8 to 8 times the source resolution, adjustable aspect ratio, and borders with drop shadows and soft edges. Keying effects and features include luminance key, split key (key alpha and fill), and reverse key (key on background). Other video processing features include 10-bit processing, 1:1 pixel sampling, 3:2 and 2:2 pull-down detect, image cropping, and aspect-ratio correction. Output synchronization features include free-run or vertically locked to NTSC/PAL blackburst, CSync, or HD tri-level sync.
This switcher will support input and output resolutions up to UXGA. It also performs motion-adaptive deinterlacing on standard definition and high definition video sources. It features a low video processing delay of (3) input fields as a maximum. This unit is rackmountable and occupies 3RU. This switcher’s architecture supports future additions for a custom-built solution and many accessory modules are available to enhance this unit’s functionality.
- x8 Analog Inputs: RGBHV/RGBS/RGsB computer video YPbPr video (SD or HD) S-video Composite video on 15-pin HD connector x2
- SD/HD-SDI Inputs: SMPTE 259M-C (NTSC/PAL resolution) SMPTE 292M (HDTV) on BNC connector
- x3 Analog Outputs: RGBHV/RGBS/RGsB (non-interlaced only) on 15-pin HD connectors (one preview and two program monitor/projector outputs)
- x1 Digital Outputs: Digital DVI per DDWG 1.0 on DVI-I connector (program output)
- Background/DSK Input Resolutions Computer Resolutions: VGA (640×480) through UXGA (1600 x 1200) HDTV Resolutions: progressive up to 1920 x 1080(1080p) 2048 x 1080p (Digital Cinema format) Plasma Display Resolutions
- Output Resolutions Computer Resolutions SVGA (640×480) through UXGA (1600 x 1200) HDTV Resolutions, progressive up to 1920 x 1080(1080p) 2048 x 1080p (Digital Cinema format) Plasma Display Resolutions
- Front-panel control, remote control
- 100-240VAC, 50/60 Hz, Autoselecting 1.0A maximum
- 19″ wide (fits standard rack) 5-1/4″ (3U) height Depth not specified by manufacturer